Friday, September 21, 2012

FOR US MEN

I read about Greats like Alexander,
Who conquered but died with open. palms and nobility
Men like,
Jesus and Muhammad
Peace be upon them,
Who stood on truth and justice
Even when they were met with hostility,
Men, who stood for something.
But,
The men I see,
Are just a bunch of,
Homo Sapiens bouncing around with testicles between their thighs,
Who only take pride in how many
Times they end up between thighs.

I've learned that history is written in two colours:
The ink of the scholars and the blood of martyrs
But the men I've seen,
Only one colour matters:
Green.
I mean, green as in beer bottles,
I mean, green as in trees and benjamins to squander,
As if Rockefeller can spend his Benjamins from 6ft under.
Sometimes I wonder,
If people ever stop to ponder,
That these things they cherish,
In a flash, Death is going to put asunder with that squeeze!
And You won't be able appease with all your benjis, trees, your "Fresh boy" tees.
And Snap! Your name reads, "deceased".

I look hard to find men with a cause like Malcolm's, Fela's,or Mandela's,
But the men I see,
Are first in line for talk,
And last in line for sacrifice!
Wimps outside,
Who be Muhammad Ali'ing their women inside,
Fresh and fly on the outside,
And wimps on the inside.

But still,
Still,
There are men,
Men who would live and die on nobility,
When who would stand on truth and justice even all they get is hostility,
Men, who would be first in line for talk and sacrifice,
Men,
Real men.

They say boys will be boys,
But I say boys better dump their toys and grow up.
Because boys stay dreaming,
While men stay awake, scheming.

I ask you,
What are you?
Man or male?
Do you even have a destination,
Or are you driving down the road called "Epic fail"?

So this, is my Public Service Announcement:
Men wanted, apply "up there".
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by Airtel Nigeria.

2 comments:

  1. Mashallah akhee... May Allah make us GoodMen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nycly written! I hope men learn 4rm dis write up, keep it up mashaAllah

    ReplyDelete