Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Home

Just found a poem I wrote some months back. Hope you guys like it

"Home, according to the dictionary,
Is where one lives permanently,
Especially, as a member of a family, or household.
But home, according to my dictionary,
Is not a place built with of walls of stone.
Not a place to retire to when the day grows old,
Its not a place to sit before your little box of contradiction to kill your boredom,
Its not even a sight to behold!

Home, to me, is where I can have conversations,
Between me, myself and I, with zero intrusions.
Where my deepest secrets roam free, naked and exposed,
Like our fore-parents roamed with no clothes.
Where nobody judges me but me.
Where I'm the prosecutor and the defendant with just me to oversee.

Truth be said,
No matter how far I've fled or will ever flee,
I'm always within home's reach,
Like running the endless breadth of the beach.

And like the saying goes,
There's no place like home,
Truth is, I never leave home,
And strangely, I've never seen home,
I just, feel home.
It might sound now like there's a leak in my cranium,
But what matters is, I know home.
Because home, is what keeps me living,
Its where I pump the bright, thick fluid of life,
Home is where my heart resides,
Home, is my heart,
Home, is my heart,
Home, is my heart.
You are welcome to my home,
Feel free to roam,
And if you aren't cool with the rules of the dome.
Then please, just roll!"
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone provided by Airtel Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment